90% of the world's ocean freight is loaded in dry containers. 20ft and 40ft containers are made of aluminium or steel and are suitable for all types of cargo. The load capacity of aluminum containers is slightly larger than that of steel, and the internal volume of steel dry containers is slightly larger.
Ordinary container, also known as dry container. It is mainly used to ship groceries, usually used to ship stationery, daily necessities, medicine, textiles, handicrafts, chemical products, Wujinjiaodian, electronic machinery, instruments and machine parts. Dry cargo containers account for 80% of the total number of containers. In addition to frozen goods, live animals, and plants, dry cargo containers can be used for goods that are suitable for container transportation in terms of size and weight. This kind of container is widely used, accounting for 70% to 80% of the total number of containers. There are two commonly used 20-foot and 40-foot containers. Its structural characteristics are often closed, and there is usually a box door at one end or side.
Containerized cargo transportation is a modern mode of transportation in which containers are used as transport units for cargo transportation. It is suitable for ocean transportation, railway transportation and international multimodal transportation. It is a new type of modern transportation. Of course, a container is a transportation device that has certain technical standards and should conform to the definition of a container. The shipping container may be a container consigned by the shipper or a container provided by the carrier. The sale of dry cargo containers for cargo transportation should meet the following 6 conditions:
1. Enclosed in whole or in part to form a warehouse for loading.
2. It is long-term, so it is strong enough for repeated use.
3. With special design, it is convenient to use one or more modes of transportation to carry goods without reloading in the middle.
4. Designed for easy loading and unloading, especially when moving from one mode of transport to another.
5. Designed for easy filling and unloading.
6. The internal volume is one cubic meter or more.
1. The outer dimensions are 20 feet X8 feet X8 feet 6 inches, referred to as 20 feet container.
2. 40 feet X8 feet X8 feet 6 inches, referred to as 40 feet container.
3. 40 feet X8 feet X9 feet 6 inches, referred to as 40 feet high cabinet (more used in recent years).
4. 20-foot container: the internal volume is 5.94 meters X 2.34 meters X 2.39 meters, the gross weight of the goods is 28.25 tons at most, and the volume is 33 cubic meters.
5. 40-foot container: the internal volume is 12.06 meters X 2.34 meters X 2.39 meters, the gross weight of the goods is 28.8 tons at most, and the volume is 67 cubic meters.
6. 40-foot high container: the internal volume is 12.06 meters X 2.34 meters X 2.69 meters, the gross weight of the goods is 30.2 tons at most, and the volume is 76 cubic meters.
7. 45-foot high container: the inner volume is: 13.5 meters X 2.34 meters X 2.71 meters, the gross weight of the goods is 27.7 tons at most, and the volume is 85 cubic meters.
8. 20-foot open-top container: the inner volume is 5.89 meters X 2.32 meters X 2.31 meters, the gross weight of the distribution is 20 tons, and the volume is 31.5 cubic meters.
9. 40-foot open-top container: the inner volume is 12.01 meters X 2.33 meters X 2.15 meters, the gross weight of the distribution is 30.4 tons, and the volume is 65 cubic meters.
10. 20-foot flat-bottomed container: the internal volume is 5.85 meters X 2.23 meters X 2.15 meters, the gross weight of the distribution is 23 tons, and the volume is 28 cubic meters.
11. 40-foot flat-bottomed container: the inner volume is 12.05 meters X 2.12 meters X 1.96 meters, the gross distribution weight is 36 tons, and the volume is 50 cubic meters.